Total Pageviews

Monday, October 29, 2012

Our Ironic Country

Yesterday I was stopped in Joburg for being "on my phone" whilst driving. Four Metro Policemen proceeded to tell me how I was talking on my phone despite me telling them I was not.

Then cop then showed me the amount allocated to a fine like that, R1000. I said "wow, that's a lot of money for not being on your phone." So he asked me, "if I were to write this fine, how much can you afford?". So I proceeded to open and show my empty wallet while saying, "I'm a Christian and I won't bribe you".

The very kind metro policeman, graciously smile and said, "next time". And told me I could go.

I smiled and thought, "its amazing how we employ criminals to enforce the law in this country." Oh the irony.

What are your thoughts or experiences of our 'Ironic Country'?


~ Kev

Search This Blog

Blog Archive